Wednesday 17 December 2014

Mother Mary and her Minion

Hi all,

Two cards to blog about today and talk about from the sublime to the ridiculous!


This one I would like to enter into the Cards in Envy Challenge which is a Christmas Carol theme and as you can see I chose to do a CAS card using "Silent Night".

The image is hand copied (not printed) from one of millions on the internet and I coloured it using pastel pencils and a sharpie silver ink pen. I made an aperture in black card stock for the sentiment and layered it on white and then on a black card base. A few clear crystals to resemble stars and... done.

The second card is a bit on the ridiculous side...


It's hand drawn using a tutorial from Dragoart, coloured using just plain old Textas, silver Sharpie pen and red glitter glue, mounted over a fluffy red feather for dramatic impact and balanced out with some red gingham ribbon. I used a pun for the sentiment "We Wish You a Minion Christmas"

I would like to enter this one in Shopping Our Stash's "Red Alert" Challenge.

Hope you enjoy them and thank you for all your comments on my little blog. It means the world to me.

dingodudette

5 comments:

  1. Cute creation! Thanks so much for accepting our RED ALERT Challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card is so elegant and I love that image! Your second card? OMG! I JUST LOVE IT!! Love that minion with the red feather behind it, and what a perfect sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful "Silent Night" card! The image is wonderful and I love your little fun card too! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the elegant, monochromatic color scheme of the Silent Night card. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete