Wednesday 29 October 2014

Oh, Good Grief!

G'day friends

Today I would like to enter 3 challenges with a shabby chic, tall and skinny, chevronny style card (I missed the cut off for Just Add Ink's block stamping challenge... good grief! What a mistakea to makea.)

So the first one is Shabby Chic at Make My Monday Challenge blog http://mimchallegeblog.blogspot.com.au/

and the second is the Top Tip Tuesday challenge which is Chevrons http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/


and the third is over at Mojo Monday where the challenge is Tall and Skinny http://mojomonday.blogspot.com.au/



So here is my card...

I used a piece of scrap embossed white card which I stamped using various inks and water to create the shabby chic looking background and the embossed squares at the side fit the tall and skinny sketch perfectly. I edged this using pinking shears. I placed this over some beautiful bird print pale mint patterned paper which I edged using the pinking shears and this created the chevron at the side (subtle though it is.) Did the same with the sentiment and cross piece under the flower and added some shabby chic style embellies just to round it all off.

I trust you are having a great day/night so far and continue to do so.

Cheers
dingodudette

4 comments:

  1. So nice, love the mixed media look you gave the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at MMM with this delightful card
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collage effect - beautiful soft colours. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at our MMM shabby chic challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete